Sunday, August 14, 2011

Giving birth to an idea..

It all started with a an obsession with children's clothes and a box of clothes. Ok, lots of boxes of clothes and an idea to sell gently used high quality children's clothes at really affordable prices. Even before I had children I was secretly obsessed with children's clothes. I remember the day clearly when I saw a little girl dressed in a Hanna Andersson playdress and leggings and thought to myself that when I have a little girl, that is exactly what I want her to wear. Little did I know at the time what the cost of that particular dress and leggings would be.

When I told my husband my idea to start an online children's resale and consignment shop, he thought it sounded great and even agreed to help (i.e., bankroll) my endeavor. He had no idea how big my plans were for Dress Up Jane. I've always wanted to do something on my own, but kept on thinking I needed to wait until the kids were in school, when we had more time, when we were traveling less, when I knew... and that's when I decided to take matters in my own hands and just do it. 

So without further ado I introduce you to www.dressupjane.com

Check out the website, buy some super cute clothing, and let me know what you think. I will be updating the website with new arrivals a few times a week, and let me tell you I have some exciting new arrivals! I also hope to expand to larger kids sizes and add a section for special occasion and seasonal outfits too. Let me know if you have any ideas for the site as well; one mom mentioned having a gently used cloth diapering section on the site, which you should start looking for soon. As for the blog, keep checking back for sneak peaks of our new arrivals, fun kid activities, yummy recipes, and giveaways! 

Also if you haven't already done so, please like us on Facebook! When I get 250 Like's I will be doing my first giveaway, a $25.00 Gift Certificate to www.DressupJane.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment