Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


 My daughter Grace has mild Autism. For the last two years she has been getting help for her symptoms, and every day life is a roller coaster of highs and lows. Every Tuesday we make a 4 hour trip to Austin for her to get three different kinds of therapy: Speech, OT, and Behavioral. Tuesday's are exhausting and I am often left feeling tired, dejected and sad. We often focus on the "bad" behaviors, the lack of improvements, and what we could be doing more of.

In honor of it being Valentine's Day and it being a Tuesday, I wanted to focus on the things I love about my sweet daughter because I think her and I need to hear these things more often.

1. I love that she loves to read and can never be without a book (just like her me).

2. If she can't be naked then she must be in full princess gear.

3. She loves Lady GAGA, and is able to channel her inner GAGA without ever seeing a picture of her.

4. Her smiles and giggles because they are truly so rare.

5. The ability to make me melt when she says "I love you the best".

6. She loves homemade items

7. For beating to her own drum.

8. Teaching me patience.

9. Teaching me that it's OK to say "no" to other people.

10.  Teaching me how to a better mother every single day.




Now off to make some cupcakes before she returns! Have a Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment